Monday, December 11, 2006

Reflections - Or...how like your blog are you?


(N.B: This was spawned from the coffe morning with Russell and co/from a conversation with Paul).
x
After meeting people at these coffee mornings, I was wondering. Are people really like their blogs? Moreover, do you think you've changed since writing your own?
x
Paul thought that how I was at the coffee morning is how I am in writing. Not sure whether I agree - I was far too quiet in the big group discussions (probably out of respect). From my perspective, Paul was quieter, Richard was happier (Colman slander, I later discovered) and Russell was as I remembered him (I went along to the first coffee morning).
x
For what it's worth, I think my blog is 'Will-lite', and I'm going to endeavour to fix this over the next few weeks. More camera phone pictures, if I can hook up my phone to this aging PC. I think a lot of it depends on the purpose of the blog; if mine wasn't to offer a peculiar mixture of career-esque musings and posts about hedgehogs, I think it'd focus a lot more on random sartorial thoughts, in much the same way Paul does (ok, I'm kidding...I have no distinguishing socks).
x
I think Russell Davies's blog is perhaps the purest example of a blog that is its author. Helped, of course, by the pictures of Arthur and posts about anything and everything.
x
But are blogs inherently more readable when they aren't focused on a topic? I know for a fact that my posts make a lot more sense when I have to justify something as opposed to rambling about what I ate today.
x
Depends, of course, what you are after. But what does everyone else think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Depends. Depends on the blog and the person. Write about what you feel comfortable with, when people do I think it comes across.

Quietly yours,
Pc.

Anonymous said...

With Paul on this. I think the really clever stuff comes out when you don't try to hard.

I think my blog is the written version on me. I have changed a little since starting it, but not that much. I've always been a fool.

 
Google Analytics Alternative

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner