Monday, March 19, 2007

Happiness is a cigar called Hamlet..

(Thanks to DJ Damien, usual policy applies)


Happiness truly is a cigar called Hamlet.

At least, it was for me (not that I smoke...well, the odd cigar).

Ads like the one below were the reason I wanted to get into advertising in the first place. Such a clever positioning - 'Whatever the problem, smoking a Hamlet will make you feel better' allied with such a range of amazing executions (thank you CDP).

This for me, is advertising at its best because it is both subtle and obvious (yes, I know they are diametrically opposed, but eh - it's probably why the true greats are so hard to do/replicate).

Don't believe me/think I'm talking bollocks? Click the link for the bunker spot, or look below for Photobooth, two of my favourites..

0 comments:

 
Google Analytics Alternative

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner