Sunday, December 10, 2006

All hail the mighty Potters..


Bit of a break from the advertising world, but to hell with it - there are some things far more important than that: Stoke City went 7 games unbeaten yesterday, and I was there to see the latest win.
x
This will probably curse them, but it looks promising - I actually look forward to Saturday afternoons at the moment.
x
Funnily enough, I can't quite explain how I came to support them (by rights, I should support West Brom, Aston Villa or.. God help us, Worcester City). I was a contrary lad; my father's a Leicester City fan, and Stoke always used to wallop seven shades of piss out of Leicester whenever they played. So it was the Potters for me.
x
To get some idea of what it's like to actually be there, watch this:
x
x
That's Delilah, our club song (lifted from Tom Jones).
x
Strange thing, being a football fan. Almost like buying certain brands; they certainly exist a certain way in your mind.. (ok, I'll stop the Seth Godin esque thinking there). However, it is strange, the levels of devotion they can conjure up. I think the best description of how and why the tribal mentality affects people is this book by John King.
x
Normal service will be resumed in the next post/when Stoke lose (whichever comes first).
x

0 comments:

 
Google Analytics Alternative

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner